Sunday, June 20, 2010

World Cup

So I skipped my post last weekend because it was super busy. So here's what happened. On Friday, Douchi and I hung out with Simpson again. We stayed by Hannam and watched some of the World Cup soccer match that was on that night. We had a fairly early night. Then, on Saturday night, we went to the gym to watch the Korea vs. Greece World Cup match. Korea won which was pretty sweet. So we all went out afterward to celebrate. Kwanjungnim, the gym master, even came out with us. It was a lot of fun! We went noreabonging and just hung out and had a good time! We stayed out until the buses started running again. I had on a Korea Red Devils t-shirt, and I was sporting a Korea tattoo on my cheek so the bus driver loved me! I have no idea what he was saying but I think he was asking me about the game and telling me what a good game it was. It was funny! He had a huge smile on his face. I ended up falling asleep for a couple stops and when I woke up he was looking in the mirror at me and he was still smiling! Hahaha. On Thursday, we watched the match at the gym. This time Korea played Argentina and lost. Everyone was so upset! Most people just wanted to go home, and I had to work on Friday so we called it an early night. Then on Friday, we went to the zoo with the school. I really enjoyed it with the kids. While we were in the monkey exhibit, I was trying to point out a monkey to the kids because he was swinging on the vines. Apparently, one of the other monkeys didn't like it very much because he jumped on the glass right in front of where I was standing, and it scared the crap out of me. The kids thought it was so funny, and the helper teacher was so freaked out she made us leave the exhibit. Hahaha. On Friday night, I just hung around the house because I had some things I had to get done. It was still an interesting night because Mellissa called me at about 11ish to tell me that some guys had been fighting in the walkway by her house and one had fallen on the ground and wasn't moving. She said he was laying there for 10 minutes and people kept walking around him as if he weren't there. She asked if I would come with her to check on him. So, we went to check on him. However, he did not want or appreciate our help. He told us to go home because it was his life. In all seriousness, the guy was in his forties wearing a polo shirt and dress pants, laying on the sidewalk while bicycles were nearly running over him. I think he needed some psychological help, but whatever, like he said it's his life. So last night, Saturday night, Douchi and I went out with several of the guys from the gym and one of her friends from out of town. The guys finished their finals this week so we wanted to hang out with them to celebrate. It was a lot of fun. We don't really get to hang out much with some of those guys because they are always studying, but they were hilarious! We found out that they like to dance; so I think we are going dancing next time! Yay!

No comments: