Saturday, May 8, 2010

Boys

WARNING: This post is me being all gushy about boys...so read at the risk of your sanity...hahaha...jk. But seriously, this week has been about boys. So that's what I am going to have to write about.

Perhaps, you might remember that a few weeks after my arrival I met a couple of random guys. Well, I have been keeping in touch with one of the guys. He just so happens to own a bar/restaurant by my house. On Sunday, he invited me to meet him at his bar and hang out with him. So, of course I did. Hahaha. He is the sweetest guy ever, and he makes a pretty good pizza. Yeah, he cooks. He is super cute too. Korean girls call him a Korean handsome boy; whatever that is supposed to mean. Hahaha. Anyways, so we had made plans to hang out on my day off on Wednesday, but his sister came into town and he had to cancel. In America, it wouldn't concern me that he was hanging out with his sister, but in Korea, it's different. When a guy says he is hanging out with his sister, it could mean he's hanging out with an ex-girlfriend or a girl that's a friend that he wants to be his girlfriend. So, I started thinking maybe we weren't on the same page about what this relationship was all about. In all actuality, I have no idea how to date a Korean guy. I mean there's a bit of a language barrier as well as a cultural barrier. It's like I'm back in middle school again trying to figure out if a guy likes me or not, and if I should hold his hand. It is not a fun feeling, but this guy is really sweet. So here's my plan, I am just going to treat this relationship as I would back in America. Until we have that somewhat awkward conversation about the definition of our relationship, I am going to treat him like a friend. I will continue to hang out with other people including guys. If you have any better ideas, please tell me because I am seriously way out in left field here. Although, my relationships in America haven't worked out very well, so maybe I should do it differently over here? I'm so confused on what to do here. Hahaha.

Anyways, so we were supposed to hang out on Wednesday, but that didn't happen (I went to get a massage instead). He told me that we would hang out today (Saturday) instead. So we went to lunch and talked a bit. He told me that his sister had come to visit his mom who is in the hospital here in town. So that eased my mind a bit about him being a player. But we had a good conversation. I learned a bit about his family and his ambitions. He is a really good guy. I am really looking forward to hanging out with him again.

In other boy news, there are a couple of guys at the gym that I think are interested in me as well. Or at least they are interested in whether or not I have a boyfriend so I'm thinking that means they are interested? Yes/no??? Anyways, they are all pretty cute, but I'm a sucker for guys with tight abs so...yeah, I'm not picky about looks otherwise. As long as they have a sense of humor and are courteous to other people...I'm good. Hahaha. They all try to speak in English to me which is pretty sweet. There's one guy in particular that cracks me up because he gets frustrated when I speak too quickly or throw in any colloquial words. Most of the time, I do those things just to tease him. Last night, though, he was so cute because there was a little boy that visited the gym because he wants to learn fighting. The kid couldn't be more than 8 years old. He was so tiny and very cute. But this guy took such good care of the kid, he showed him these different techniques and treated him like he was his little brother. It was so adorable! But yeah, I guess that's enough about guys for now. I'm sure that there will be more to come.

There is nothing much else planned for this weekend; except for a kickboxing tournament at the gym tomorrow. It's at the same time that I usually go to Korean tutoring, but the last few times I went to tutoring it hasn't been that great so I'm thinking I'm going to skip it this week. I hope they don't get frustrated with me and think I'm not committed to it; if they do, I guess I will be on my own with my Korean studies. It won't be too terrible because I am making a lot of Korean friends that can help me with my learning. In all honesty, I learn more from my friends than I do from the tutoring. Anyways, I guess that's it for now...later!

No comments: